When is ALIA 2024?
The 29th ALIA will be held on Wednesday 30 October 2024 at The Star Event Centre Sydney.
You can also sign up to The Shout e-newsletter to discover everything you need to know for ALIA 2024.
Are sponsorship opportunities available for ALIA 2024?
Yes, for more information, please click here.
Who hosts ALIA and for how long have they been around?
ALIA is hosted by online publication, TheShout, as well as Australian Hotelier, BARS&clubs and National Liquor News magazines. ALIA was first held in 1994.
Stay tuned for details on voting for ALIA 2024.
Nominations – Off-Premise & -Premise Awards:
• Only one nomination is allowed to be made in each category during this round of voting
• All voters must identify themselves for their vote to be counted
• If a category is not relevant to a particular person or business, it can be skipped
• (Off-Premise only) In the off-premise nomination process, voters are encouraged to make their decision based on the trade support, marketing spend, and supplier relationships, not just the best sellers over a 12 month period
• (Off-Premise only) In the off-premise nomination process, there is an option to vote for ‘Other’ in any category where the top eight products or brands named are not relevant to a business
• (On-Premise only) In the on-premise categories, there are no initial nominations due to the number of possible venues or products to be nominated in a given category and all nominations can be made with a free response
• (On-Premise only) In the on-premise nomination process, voters are encouraged to make their decision based on the people, teams, brands and venues who have excelled over the last 12 month
Does it cost to vote?
it is free to vote in ALIA.
Can I vote for myself?
Self-nominations are not accepted and will be refused.
Finalists & Winners – Off-Premise & On-Premise Awards:
• The finalists in all categories are determined by the highest number of votes, once voting closes.
• All finalists in all categories are judged by an off-premise selection panel and an on-premise selection panel made up of senior industry representatives which is printed in each year’s event program
• The industry panel votes in a 3-2-1 process for their top three selections in every category
• All data is audited over several days by PKF to confirm the winners in each category
• Representatives from PKF are in the audience on the night of ALIA to witness the correct winners are awarded and to address any voting queries
For further information regarding the Judging Process contact Andy Young on 02 8586 6211 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are the ALIA results audited?
Yes, the ALIA results are audited by an external auditor for complete transparency.
Do I need to be a member of an association to enter ALIA?
No, however, you must be employed in the Australian liquor and hospitality industry to be eligible to vote.
How is the ticket booking fee used?
ALIA is committed to making a difference in the world around us and has partnered with Humanitix as our ticketing platform.
In partnership with their network of carefully vetted children’s charities, 100% of the profits from your ticket booking fees fund brighter futures for disadvantaged kids around the world.